Search Engine

Custom Search

BOOK 0027 - Rustic Earthy Journal with Sticks, Wood Carving and Handmade Bead Tassel




I made this one to replace a similar one that I sold earlier but this time I added a small wood carved Gecko to the cover. Luckily I photographed the book before adding the gecko because for some reason I could not get a good shot after it was added. Maybe it had something to do with a change in the light. I did however get a good shot of a very similar gecko and I added that to the cover digitally. There is a slight difference in the pattern on the gecko's back but don't worry, the effect is exactly the same.


This is a lovely journal with an earthy look, decorated with a variety of different kinds of sticks that have been stained then stitched to a fabric covered panel in a vertical pattern and framed with two very thin timber slats on either side. The spine is decorated with twelve strings of hand made beads mixed with black pony beads that form a tassel effect flowing from macrame knotting. The spine cords are also crossed at the back of the spine for added strength and stability. This also add some more interest to the design. Anyone who likes rustic, earthy things would love this journal.


COUNTING PAGES:
When I list the number of pages in a book, I am referring to one side of each leaf. For example, in a book with numbered pages, Page 17 would be on one side of the leaf or piece of paper, Page 18 on the other side. Therefore, a book with 224 pages would have 112 leaves.


TECHNICAL DETAILS
This book has 224 pages.
Cover Size: (22.8cm X 23cm) ( 9" x 8 7/8 inches approx.)
This book is numbered and signed
Design Copyright Jean Hall 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Spam messages will not be published!