Search Engine

Custom Search

0011-Wool Longstitch with Shack and Acacia Tree


More lovely hand made journals in my Etsy Shop


The cover of this Journal is decorated with an embroidered panel done with wool in long stitch featuring a country scene with shack or lean-to
. The spine is decorated with hand made and hand painted paper beads which are strung on natural jute twine. There are 8 strings of beads which form a tassel effect flowing from the edge of the front cover starting with macrame hand knotting. It was really fun making this journal because it involved doing a couple of my favourite pastimes. Longstitch embroidery, and making paper beads. I love the bright yellow blossoms on the acacia tree in the background as it reminds me of the one in my front garden that blooms at the end of July

I have always loved pretty journals. I used to see Oprah give someone a gift of a Journal and I would just wish she could send me one too. When I finally discovered coptic binding, there was no stopping me. Now you could pretty easily say, that all I ever think about, is how to decorate the next one..

COUNTING PAGES:
When I list the number of pages in a book, I am referring to one side of each leaf. For example, in a book with numbered pages, Page 17 would be on one side of the leaf or piece of paper, Page 18 on the other side. Therefore, a book with 224 pages would have 112 leaves.

This book has 224 pages.
Book measures 228mm X 23mm
Approximately 9" x 8 7/8"
This book is numbered and signed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: Spam messages will not be published!